May 22, 2023 • Filed under:remove the screen lock• Proven solutions
You may see the error message "Your account has been disabled in the App Store and iTunes" when you try to sign in. This is usually an indication that for some reason your Apple ID is not working as it should. When you consider that you won't be able to download or update apps or even make a purchase using Apple Pay without your Apple ID, it's easy to see why this error message might be a problem.
Why is my App Store account disabled? Here, let's take a look at why you might be seeing the error messages and what you can do to fix them.
- Part 1. Why was my App Store and iTunes account disabled?”
- Part 2. How to fix "Your account has been disabled on App Store and iTunes"?
- Part 3. What does it affect when "Your account has been disabled on the App Store and iTunes"?
- Part 4. Is "Your account has been disabled in the App Store and iTunes" the same as "Apple ID disabled?"
- Part 5. How to unlock disabled Apple ID by removing Apple ID
Part 1. Why was my App Store and iTunes account disabled?
Here are some of the reasons why this error message may appear on your screen:
- Enter wrong Apple ID and passwordmany times
- You haven't used your Apple ID for a long time
- Any billing issues, such as unpaid iTunes and App Store orders
- Safety and security reasons, such as when Apple suspects your account may have been compromised
- When there are billing disputes on your credit card
Part 2. How to fix "Your account has been disabled on App Store and iTunes"?
There are several methods to resolve this issue and regain access to your device. For a quick and concise understanding, you can watch our informative video tutorial. If you prefer a more in-depth description, continue reading this article for detailed instructions on each method.
Tips:Forgot your Apple ID password or having trouble removing your Apple ID account? Don't worry becauseDr.Foneis here to help youremove your Apple ID without a passwordwithin seconds. By signing in to a new account, you can fully restore access to all iCloud services and Apple ID features, ensuring a seamless user experience.
Try it for free Try it for free
Method 1. Wait 24 hours and try again
This method will come in handy if you have entered the wrong password multiple times. If this is why your account was disabled, leave it alone for about 24 hours. When the time is up, try entering the correct password to see if that fixes the problem.
If you simply forgot your password and can't remember it, follow the steps below to reset your password on your iOS device:
Step 1:Open the settings.
Step 2:Tap [your name] at the top of the screen > Password & Security > Change Password.
Stage 3:Enter your device passcode.
Step 4:Follow the on-screen steps to reset your password.
If the above steps failed to change or reset your password, follow these steps:
Step 1:I'm going to youhttps://iforgot.apple.com/.
Step 2:Put your Apple ID (email) in the box and click "Continue".
Stage 3:Enter the phone number you use with your Apple ID.
Step 4:Look for the notification on your iPhone, Mac, or iPad and follow the instructions to reset your password.
Note that if you're changing your Apple ID password on an iPhone or iPad, you'll need to enter your device's six-digit passcode and reset a new password.
Forgetting your password is especially annoying, but there is good news. this you can usePassword managerto find your passwords on your iPhone/iPad without wasting too much time remembering them!
Dr.Fone - Password Manager (iOS)
Recover and store all passwords in one place
- Unlock and manage multiple passwords, PINs, Face ID, Apple ID, WhatsApp password reset and Touch ID without limitations.
- To find your password on an iOS device, it works efficiently without damaging or leaking your information.
- Make your job easier by finding a strong cross-platform password to manage multiple email accounts.
- Installing Dr.Fone on your device will not take up much space without annoying ads.
Method 2. View payment methods and update them
If you believe your account has been disabled due to a payment problem, you should check your payment methods and let them know. Follow these simple steps to do this:
Step 1:Open Settings and tap your name at the top.
Step 2:Select "iTunes and App Store" and select your Apple ID.
Stage 3:Tap View Apple ID and select Manage Payments.
Step 4:Tap "Add Payment Method" to add a new payment method.
If the problem is your payment method, your account will be reactivated after these steps.
Method 3. Settlement of any unpaid charges
Do you have unpaid purchases or subscriptions?
It's important to keep track of any purchases or subscriptions you've signed up for and make sure you pay them on time. Not only does this help you avoid fees and late charges, but it also ensures that your account remains active and accessible. If you have unpaid charges, it is recommended that you settle them as soon as possible to restore your account and avoid future problems. Keep a record of all your expenses and check your accounts regularly to avoid missing payments and keep your accounts up to date.
Method 4. Log out and log back in
Logging out of your account and logging back in may help if the problem is caused by a software bug.
- On your iOS device, go to Settings > [Your Name] > iTunes & App Store and sign out. Then log in again.
- On your Mac, open the App Store (Store > Sign Out) and iTunes (Account > Sign Out. Then sign in again
Method 5. Try contacting Apple support directly
If you see a message that says "Your account has been disabled in the App Store and iTunes," contact Apple Support for help. You can follow these simple steps to contact Apple support:
Step 1:I'm going to youhttps://getsupport.apple.com/solutions.
Step 2:Then click "Start Chat" to chat with someone at Apple Support now.
Stage 3:Or schedule a call with Apple Support and they can help you fix your disabled App Store account.
Part 3. What does it affect when "Your account has been disabled on the App Store and iTunes"
When you see the error message "Your account has been disabled in the App Store and iTunes", it usually means:
- You can't access Apple Books, App Store purchases, and even iTunes purchases.
- You may not be able to access your iCloud account or any of the data stored in the account until you fix the problem.
- You may not be able to access Apple services, and any Apple Store orders and repairs may need to be rescheduled.
- Until you fix the problem, you won't be able to receive iMessage, FaceTime, and iCloud Mail.
Part 4. Is "Your account has been disabled in the App Store and iTunes" the same as "Apple ID disabled?"
No. The error message "Your account has been disabled in the App Store and iTunes" is different from "Apple ID has been disabled". You will mostly see "Your account has been disabled on the App Store and iTunes" when trying to access content on the App Store. On the other hand, you may see the message "Apple ID disabled" when you enter your Apple ID and password forbypass icloud activation lock screen.
After seeing these errors, you won't be able to access some of the features and apps that require access to your Apple ID.
Part 5. How to fix disabled Apple ID by removing Apple ID
Sometimes the only way toFix "Apple ID Disabled"is to remove the Apple ID from the device. This can become a viable solution if you have lost or forgotten your Apple ID password or ID and have no way to recover them. It's also one of the best solutions when you've bought a used device and don't know the Apple ID password of the account associated with the device.
One of the best ways to remove Apple ID from an iOS device is to useDr.Fone - Screen Unlock (iOS). This third-party unlocking software is designed to easily and efficiently remove Apple ID password from any device. Here are some of the things it can do.
- It is one of the fastest ways to fix disabled iOS device without iTunes or iCloud.
- You can use it to remove Apple ID from any iOS device.
- It's also a good way to unlock all kinds of screen passwords.
- It supports all iOS device models and is compatible with all iOS firmware versions.
Download for PC Download for Mac
4.624.541people who downloaded
See how to use Dr. Fone screen unlock to remove Apple ID from device.
Step 1: Install the program
To get started, download Dr. Fone Toolkit on the main website of the program. Install the toolkit on your computer. Open it after successful installation and select "Unlock screen" from the main screen.
Step 2: Select Remove Apple ID
On the next screen, you will see three options. Select “Remove Apple ID” as we want to remove the Apple ID from the device.
Step 3: Connect your iOS device
Connect your iOS device to the computer using the Lightning cable. Next, enter the device's passcode and when prompted, tap "Trust" to allow the computer to detect the device. The program should detect the device and display information about it. Then click on "Unlock Now".
Step 4: Apple ID removal will begin
Dr.Fone will immediately start removing the Apple ID from the device. You should see a progress bar indicating how long the process will take. Usually, the removal should only take a few seconds. When the process is complete, you will see a notification on your screen that your Apple ID has been removed.
You'll be able to sign in with another Apple ID or create a new Apple ID and password to use on your device.
Try it for free Try it for free
- Method 1. Unlock your Apple ID.
- Method 2. Reset your Apple ID password.
- Method 3. Check your restrictions.
- Method 4. Use a different device to access iTunes.
- Method 5. Contact Apple Support.
In the iTunes app on your PC, choose Account > Sign In. Do one of the following: Sign in with your Apple ID: Enter your Apple ID and password, then click Next. Create an Apple ID: Click Create New Apple ID and follow the onscreen instructions.Why does my app store not work? ›
Make sure that your device is connected to the internet
Use any web browser to connect to any website. If nothing loads, use another device on the same network to see if it can connect to any website. If no other devices can access the internet, turn off your Wi-Fi router, then turn it on again to reset it.
There can be many reasons, such as ? poor Internet connection, low storage space on your iOS device, a bug in the App Store, faulty iPhone settings, or even a restriction setting on your iPhone that prevent the apps from downloading.What to do when account is disabled? ›
- Sign in to your Google Account on a browser, like Chrome.
- Select Start Appeal.
- Follow the instructions.
If your account has been disabled for security reasons
If you see one of the following messages, your Apple ID automatically locked to protect your security and you can't sign in to any Apple services: “This Apple ID has been disabled for security reasons”
On your iOS device, Settings > [your name] > iTunes & App Store and Sign Out. Then Sign in using your new Apple ID password. On Mac, open App Store (Store > Sign Out) and iTunes (Account > Sign Out) and then sign out and then sign in.How do I enable disabled Play Store? ›
- Open the Settings app.
- Go into Apps.
- Select See all apps.
- If any apps are disabled, you'll see a dropdown menu saying All apps. Tap on it and select Disabled apps.
- Go into any apps that are disabled and tap on Enable.
- Check if the Google Play Store is working.